There’s a lot of facts about me here.
I was tagged by @phoenixfg a bit ago and I’m only now
getting got around to doing it while I’m sitting on this flight to Halifax and inwardly panicking about being on a plane.
I don’t know how this meme works, or if you even had to have 57 facts. That feels like an arbitrary number. But since we’re doing arbitrary numbers, I’m tagging the last 7 simblrs in my activity log (sorry if you’ve already been tagged) @taylors-simblr @applezingsims @simageddon, @zx-ta @simgaroop @artemisa02 @vicarious-sims and of course anyone else who wants to do this.
(warning: 57 facts about me is not as described in gif)
(update: I’ve been back a week now)
- So I guess fact #1 I have a fear of flying.
- I was born in the Philippines. I was brought to Canada when I was two.
- When I was a kid me, my little brother and neighbourhood friends would dissect dead frogs we’d find in the back lots.
- I loved 80s music. I’d try to record songs off the radio with a tape deck, hitting the “record” button just as the DJ was done talking
- Lots of my current tastes was formed in the 90s
- I got into my first major car accident when I made a bad left turn. I totalled my parent’s jeep and wrecked a few cars. No one was seriously injured.
- I wrote an entire book when I was sixteen. My friends helped me write it and I shared it only with them. I’m still carrying that idea around ( I drew the main character again recently )
- My first memory of drawing was in the blank pages at the beginning and end of Encyclopedias. I’d draw a lot of princesses.
- There was an old TV show in the 80s I really enjoyed called “The Misfits of Science”. Basically people with super powers. It starred a teenaged Courtney Cox.
- I love(d) comic books.
- My very amateur fan art was published in the reader submitted artwork section of Wizard magazine. I think I was about 16 at the time. We had no concept of webpages, social media and online portfolios in those days
- I had a German Shepherd mutt named Sam. After about a year, he went to go live on a farm. No really, he did.
- I went to college to learn Classical Animation
- I worked on kids cartoons and children’s TV shows. I didn’t take my job seriously, I wish I did.
- I was a goth in the 90s and in the early 2000s.
- I now think goths are silly. Still love the aesthetic.
(finished my trip, now I’m back home at this point!)
- I worked for a time as an assistant clean-up animator. Basically that meant cleaning up the assistant animator’s in-between frames. It wasn’t inspiring work and I wasn’t great at it.
- I worked briefly on a short film by Yoshitaka Amano (he does artwork for FF, Vampire Hunter D, among others). This was called 1001 Nights, and was shown alongside a live orchestra. I still have the poster hanging over my bed.
- The first video game I’ve ever worked on and published was Eternal Darkness: Sanity’s Requiem. I modeled and animated.
- The second game I’ve worked on was Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes for the Nintendo Gamecube. I’m a ghost photo easter egg in that game. My name is in an IGN walkthrough. :D
- I adopted my first kitty in 1996. He was a fuzzy kitten and I named him Thaddeus.
- I moved to St. Catharines, ON for work. One of the places I lived there was a big Victorian that was divided into three apartments. Me and my partner at the time lived on the top floor (the attic). Probably the coolest place I’ve ever lived.
- When we broke up, I bought my own little house.
- I got sick with bacterial meningitis in 2004. I almost died. Was placed in a medical coma for two weeks. Woke up with lots of open skin wounds which would scar me for life. I’m okay. ^_^ This is documented on LJ here. My wonderful friend David kept my online friends in the loop.
- I still have issues from being sick. I’ll have to deal with it forever I guess.
- During my recovery I started playing World of Warcraft.
- My first WoW character was a human warrior, and I named her Jinzou, after my Animal Crossing character.
- I was a damn good tank. I lead raids.
- I was laid off from video game company. This was fine, I was ready for something different.
- I became a real estate agent for a bit, for many reasons. Some of that was fun, other parts of that was stressful. I made money.
- I don’t think I have a favourite colour, but I do use a lot of purple tones in everything. Even my hair was purple for a while. I guess I like purple.
- Music tastes change from time to time, but I always love big broadway musicals.
- I saw Les Miserables over 10 times and met the Toronto cast at a point.
- I’m currently listening to Come From Away.
- My favourite movie is Spirited Away
- I don’t watch a lot of animes, but I appreciate good ones. My favourite is still probably Cowboy Bebop. I’m taking reccs.
- I’m an introvert. I don’t like big social events, and it takes a lot of mental energy preparing for them, and a lot of time for me to come down from them.
- I don’t like dating. I met my fiancé online though.
- I love my dude because he’s a big nerd and I’m comfortable with him. It’s a big deal for me.
- He proposed to me this summer. We’re engaged. :D
- I have made no wedding plans yet, but it’s gonna be small, cheap and simple. :D
- I read Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy when I was in highschool.
- My favourite place to hang out when I was a kid was the libraries.
- I learned HTML in the 90s.
- I will be 45 this year.
- My current favourite writer is Neil Gaiman. Read American Gods or Stardust.
- I love horror, sci-fi, fantasy and superhero stories. Given all the time in the world, I could eat it all up.
- I’ve read the Lord of the Rings many times through out my life and once more before the movies came out. I liked the movies.
- I didn’t like the Hobbit movie trilogy though. So much unnecessary filler.
- I love building worlds in the Sims.
- I have no sense of style. Jeans, t-shirt, sweater, I’m good.
- My handle “blackdaisies” is from one of my first webpages, called “Black Daisies Grow Here”… yeah that goth thing again
- I’ve been playing the Sims since the first Sims City
- My very first Sim was in the first Sims game. Her name was Alice Novak and she stole Bella away from Mortimer.
- my default lunch lately is yam/avocado sushi
- I live in a neighbourhood in Toronto known as The Beaches. Because there’s a beach. I don’t live on the beach though.
- My dream vacation would be going up to a nice cottage by a lake in the Muskokas in fall.