Thereâ€™s a lot of facts about me here.Â Â
I was tagged by @phoenixfg a bit ago and Iâ€™m only now
gettingÂ got around to doing it while Iâ€™m sitting on this flight to Halifax and inwardly panicking about being on a plane.
I donâ€™t know how this meme works, or if you even had to have 57 facts. That feels like an arbitrary number.Â But since weâ€™re doing arbitrary numbers, Iâ€™m tagging the last 7 simblrs in my activity log (sorry if youâ€™ve already been tagged)Â @taylors-simblr @applezingsims @simageddon, @zx-ta @simgaroop @artemisa02 @vicarious-simsÂ and of course anyone else who wants to do this.Â Â
(warning: 57 facts about meÂ is not as described in gif)
(update: Iâ€™ve been back a week now)
- So I guess fact #1 I have a fear of flying.
- Â I was born in the Philippines. Â I was brought to Canada when I was two.
- When I was a kid me, my little brother and neighbourhood friends would dissect dead frogs weâ€™d find in the back lots.
- I loved 80s music. Â Iâ€™d try to record songs off the radio with a tape deck, hitting the â€œrecordâ€ button just as the DJ was done talking
- Lots of my current tastes was formed in the 90s
- I got into my first major car accident when I made a bad left turn. I totalled my parentâ€™s jeep and wrecked a few cars. No one was seriously injured.Â
- I wrote an entire book when I was sixteen. My friends helped me write it and I shared it only with them. Â Iâ€™m still carrying that idea around ( I drew the main character again recently )
- My first memory of drawing was in the blank pages at the beginning and end of Encyclopedias. Â Iâ€™d draw a lot of princesses.Â
- There was an old TV show in the 80s I really enjoyed called â€œThe Misfits of Scienceâ€. Basically people with super powers. Â It starred a teenaged Courtney Cox.Â
- I love(d) comic books.Â
- My very amateur fan art was published in the reader submitted artwork section of Wizard magazine. I think I was about 16 at the time. We had no concept of webpages, social media and online portfolios in those days
- Â I had a German Shepherd mutt named Sam. After about a year, he went to go live on a farm. No really, he did.Â Â
- I went to college to learn Classical AnimationÂ
- Â I worked on kids cartoons and childrenâ€™s TV shows. I didnâ€™t take my job seriously, I wish I did.
- I was a goth in the 90s and in the early 2000s.Â Â
- Â I now think goths are silly. Still love the aesthetic.
(finished my trip, now Iâ€™m back home at this point!)Â
- I worked for a time as an assistant clean-up animator. Basically that meant cleaning up the assistant animatorâ€™s in-between frames. Â It wasnâ€™t inspiring work and I wasnâ€™t great at it.Â
- Â I worked briefly on a short film by Yoshitaka Amano (he does artwork for FF, Vampire Hunter D, among others). This was called 1001 Nights, and was shown alongside a live orchestra. I still have the poster hanging over my bed.
- Â The first video game Iâ€™ve ever worked on and published was Eternal Darkness: Sanityâ€™s Requiem. Â I modeled and animated.Â
- The second game Iâ€™ve worked on was Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes for the Nintendo Gamecube. Â Iâ€™m a ghost photo easter egg in that game. Â My name is in an IGN walkthrough. :DÂ Â
- I adopted my first kitty in 1996. He was a fuzzy kitten and I named him Thaddeus.Â
- I moved to St. Catharines, ON for work. One of the places I lived there was a big Victorian that was divided into three apartments. Me and my partner at the time lived on the top floor (the attic). Probably the coolest place Iâ€™ve ever lived.Â
- When we broke up, I bought my own little house.Â Â
- I got sick with bacterial meningitis in 2004. I almost died. Was placed in a medical coma for two weeks. Woke up with lots of open skin wounds which would scar me for life. Iâ€™m okay. ^_^ Â This is documented on LJ here. My wonderful friend David kept my online friends in the loop.
- I still have issues from being sick. Iâ€™ll have to deal with it forever I guess.
- During my recovery I started playing World of Warcraft.Â
- My first WoW character was a human warrior, and I named her Jinzou, after my Animal Crossing character.Â
- I was a damn good tank. I lead raids.Â
- I was laid off from video game company. This was fine, I was ready for something different.Â
- I became a real estate agent for a bit, for many reasons. Some of that was fun, other parts of that was stressful. Â I made money.Â
- I donâ€™t think I have a favourite colour, but I do use a lot of purple tones in everything. Even my hair was purple for a while. I guess I like purple.Â Â
- Music tastes change from time to time, but I always love big broadway musicals.Â
- I saw Les Miserables over 10 times and met the Toronto cast at a point.
- Iâ€™m currently listening to Come From Away.Â Â
- My favourite movie is Spirited AwayÂ
- I donâ€™t watch a lot of animes, but I appreciate good ones. My favourite is still probably Cowboy Bebop. Iâ€™m taking reccs.Â
- Iâ€™m an introvert. I donâ€™t like big social events, and it takes a lot of mental energy preparing for them, and a lot of time for me to come down from them.Â
- I donâ€™t like dating. Â I met my fiancÃ© online though.Â
- I love my dude because heâ€™s a big nerd and Iâ€™m comfortable with him. Itâ€™s a big deal for me.Â
- He proposed to me this summer. Weâ€™re engaged. Â :DÂ
- I have made no wedding plans yet, but itâ€™s gonna be small, cheap and simple. :DÂ Â
- I read Hitchhikerâ€™s Guide to the Galaxy when I was in highschool.Â
- My favourite place to hang out when I was a kid was the libraries.Â Â
- I learned HTML in the 90s.
- I will be 45 this year.Â Â
- My current favourite writer is Neil Gaiman. Read American Gods or Stardust.
- I love horror, sci-fi, fantasy and superhero stories. Given all the time in the world, I could eat it all up.Â
- Iâ€™ve read the Lord of the Rings many times through out my life and once more before the movies came out. I liked the movies.
- I didnâ€™t like the Hobbit movie trilogy though. So much unnecessary filler.Â
- I love building worlds in the Sims.Â
- I have no sense of style. Jeans, t-shirt, sweater, Iâ€™m good.Â
- My handle â€œblackdaisiesâ€ is from one of my first webpages, called â€œBlack Daisies Grow Hereâ€… yeah that goth thing again
- Iâ€™ve been playing the Sims since the first Sims City
- My very first Sim was in the first Sims game. Her name was Alice Novak and she stole Bella away from Mortimer.Â
- my default lunch lately is yam/avocado sushi
- I live in a neighbourhood in Toronto known as The Beaches. Because thereâ€™s a beach. I donâ€™t live on the beach though.
- My dream vacation would be going up to a nice cottage by a lake in the Muskokas in fall.